- 1 What it looks like
- 2 Event Period
- 3 Description
- 4 How to open the Calendar
- 5 How to open a day
- 6 How to collect a reward
- 7 Refilling
- 8 Winter Crystals
- 9 Costs of Additional Spins
- 10 Countdown
- 11 Mobile App
- 12 Awards
What it looks like
The event is taking place from December 1st to December 31st.
- Like in any good advent calendar, there are 24 Wheels of Fortune during the event. Each day you can open a new Wheel of Fortune. After clicking on an open day, the corresponding Wheel of Fortune appears on the right side of the window.
- Each wheel contains six different rewards and two winter crystals.
- Collect five winter crystals to get all five advisors for one week for free, or if you are playing on a world with heroes, your reward will be the exclusive new hero.
- You spin the wheel by pressing the button in the middle and just let it spin until it stops by itself. A reward will pop up in the middle after a short animation. The first spin on the current day is always free, but you can spin more often by spending gold. Which reward you will get is totally random. You need to collect, use the reward, or throw the reward away before you can spin the same wheel again.
- The sections on the wheel have different chances of getting selected, with more valuable rewards having a smaller chance to be selected in the first spin. The value of items is represented by the glow of the respective section.
- A wheel can be refilled with all its previous rewards by spending gold.
- After the first spin of a wheel, a decoration will be unlocked on the snow globe. Unlocking more decorations will grant you several stages of the award "Lucky Winter Fun".
How to open the Calendar
Click on the small event icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to open the calendar.
How to open a day
As soon as you move your mouse over the illustrated scene, pins will pop up all over the event window, each pin containing a number (1 to 24). If you click on a pin, the Wheel of Fortune for that day will open up on the right side, next to the snow globe. In order to open a day, it is required that the appropriate day has been reached.
The pin for the current day is highlighted in gold.
Pins of past days that still contain at least one reward are displayed in blue.
You don't need to accept the reward instantly. You can "store" it in the wheel until the event ends.
As soon as you make your first spin of the day, a new (and day-specific) decoration will be added to the scenery.
How to collect a reward
Initially, there is just one "spin" button in the middle of the wheel, if you have a free spin.
Pressing this button will make a light spin over all available rewards (excluding the ones that had been already taken).
As the animation stops, the button in the middle will fade away and the reward you have won moves to the middle.
You can click the reward to either store it in the inventory, use it directly for the selected town, or throw it away. You can also leave it there for the duration of the event and pick it up later.
If you obtain all 6 rewards on one wheel, you can refill it the first time by spending 50 gold, after that the price will increase. You can also refill the wheel earlier (i.e. after you collected the most desired reward and you want to get it again). Keep in mind though, that the price of this function will increase with each use, although it will reset at midnight.
In the calendar screen, there is also the "winter crystal display", showing the progress until you unlock the free advisors or hero respectively. Additionally once you have collected all winter crystals you will be given the award “All the Crystals"
Winter Crystal Collection
Two rewards of each day will also come along with a "winter crystal". If you receive that reward, you will also receive the winter crystal in the calendar screen, which will eventually unlock either an exclusive hero on worlds with the Heroes feature or all five premium advisors for 7 days on other worlds.
As soon as you have received the hero or advisors, winter crystals will not be displayed in any wheel any longer. Also, the hero/advisors will move from grey to colored once unlocked.
Using the refill-function will not replenish already collected winter crystals!
Costs of Additional Spins
The first spin of the current day is always free. Additional spins cost gold.
The first spin for the current day is free, then the second one costs 100 gold and the next one always 100 gold more than the previous one.
If you missed the spin on a previous day, the first spin on that wheel will cost 100 gold. Each additional spin costs 100 gold more than the previous one.
This means that the second spin costs 100 gold only on the current day. If you miss a spin, the cost for the second spin is 200 gold the next day.
The Winter event is only available for a limited time, between December 1st and December 31st. The remaining time is always visible, displayed as a countdown at the top left corner of the event window counting down days, hours, minutes and seconds. After the time is up, it won't be possible to open the window any more. Keep in mind that you have to collect all remaining rewards that you might have stored in some wheels before the time is up. There is no way to collect these rewards afterwards.
The event will also be available in our mobile app. Check it out because there you can spin the wheel with just your finger!
During the Winter Event you can win two different awards. The first is the "Lucky Winter Fun" award, which is awarded after you spin the wheel a certain number of times. The other award, "All the Crystals" is awarded for collecting all of the crystals.
Lucky Winter Fun
|1 Spin||5 Spins||10 Spins||24 Spins|
All the Crystals